Sunday, July 26, 2015

Another finish!

I found a fun tutorial at Lori Holt's blog a couple of weeks ago, for a block called "Scrappy Crossroads". The size of it was just perfect to match my dining room table if I pieced three of them together in a row and turned them into a table runner. The finished size of one block is 16".

I finished the table runner top a few days ago, and started quilting it on my longarm using So Fine thread. I used a light blue, and it also blend in well on the scrappy fabrics as well as the open spaces between. I first made a blue binding, but it didn't go so well with the other fabrics as I thought, so I ripped it off and made a new one. I think the green looks so much better.

There is no secret that I love "McTavishing", the pattern I quilted in the light blue/green areas. I think it looks perfect and I am so happy I decided to quilt it like this. I used a circle ruler to make the curves in the area with the scraps. Love the texture of this quilting to be honest.

Here are some detail photos of the quilting:

I hope to enjoy some more sewing in the days ahead. Have a few new projects I want to make, and a few I plan to finish. Since we've been doing a lot of work in our house during the Summer holidays I haven't got time to do much sewing, but we are almost done with the hallway now. Hubby is going back to work tomorrow, and I have one more week before the "Job training program" starts again. 

Wish you all a Happy Sunday :oD
Laila

4 comments:

Cattinka said...

To me this tabletopper looks perfect. I cannot think of anything you could have done better. Your quilting is very nice!
KATRIN W.

Unknown said...

I think you made a good decision when you decided to use the green fabric. I like your table tunner.

Unknown said...

I think you made a good decision when you decided to use the green fabric. I like your table tunner.

Michele said...

I like, I like. Nicely done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin